Common Workplace Injuries
Being injured at work can have a number of consequences for the victims, not the least of which is the financial expenses victims may face. Unfortunately, people suffer workplaces injuries all too often, with the following being the most common types:
- Overexertion Injuries: This mostly includes any injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, and throwing.
- Slipping/Tripping: This includes falling on wet/slippery floors or tripping on something on the floor.
- Falling from Heights: This includes falling from elevated areas (i.e. stairways, roofs, and ladders).
- Falling Object Injuries: This includes objects falling from above, such as from a shelf or from being dropped by another person.
- Machine Entanglement: This typically happens in factories. This includes being caught in a machine by your hair, clothes, fingers, etc.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: This includes any repetitive motion that is required for your job that causes harm in the long run (i.e. typing on the computer for a long period of time can cause carpal tunnel and other injuries).
If you think you have been injured while at work in North Carolina and need help filing a workers’ compensation claim, our lawyers at Scudder & Hedrick, PLLC, are here to help. Give us a call at 919-851-3311 to discuss your situation.